Experience the backstage magic for yourself! Built in 1926 as a silent movie palace, our landmark theater reflects the evolution of both the film industry and Frederick County. Led by an experienced tour guide, you’ll discover Art Deco architectural details, immerse yourself in local theatrical lore, and access backstage areas normally off-limits to the public. Tours are approximately 45-60 minutes and are free of charge.
Summer 2018 Tour Dates
No reservations are required; simply arrive at the Box Office at the scheduled time. Upcoming dates include:
- Tuesday, June 12 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday, July 7 at 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, July 10 at 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, July 24 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday, August 4 at 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, August 7 10 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday, August 18 at 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, August 21 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday, September 1 at 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, September 11 at 2:00 PM
Private tours are also available upon request pending venue and tour guide availability; please contact Rebecca O’Leary at [email protected] or 301.600.2870 to learn more.
Please note that the venue is not equipped with an elevator. While the standard tour route includes climbing to the mezzanine level and projection booth, accessible/shortened versions of the tour can be given upon request.
For additional questions about tours, please contact Rebecca O’Leary at [email protected] or 301.600.2870.